- Welcome to Interwrite Software
- How to Connect your Bluetooth Devices
- Introducing the InterWrite Toolbar
The Annotation Tools group includes the Interwrite tools that can draw, write, type text, highlight, erase, add stamps or select objects. The hallmark of an Annotation Tool is that when one is selected from the Interwrite Toolbar while in Mouse Mode, the current screen is captured and displayed in the Annotation Window, and Interwrite goes into Annotation Mode.
Annotation Tools include the Pens (1-4)
Select with Text Recognition
- See the Pens in Action
- How to use the Eraser, Clear All and Undo Tool
- How to use the Stamp Tool
- How to Select and Move Objects
- The Highlighter Tool
This group of tools are used to edit or change, in some way, the pages of the presentation file. The Editing Tools group includes the
Clear All Tools.
The Presentation Tools are those Interwrite tools that are most likely to be used during a presentation or lesson for increased interactivity. They include
Creating a Blank Page
Creating a Grid Page
Creating an Image Page
The Interwrite Image Gallery
- Creating a Blank Page
- Creating a Grid Page
- How to Create an Image, or Background, Page
- Using the Interwrite Image Gallery
- How to take a Screen Capture
- The Reveal Curtain, Spotlight, and Zoom Tools in Action
File Management Tools
The File Management Tools help you organize, view, save and distribute your Interwrite files. These tools include:
the Page Sorter
Scrolling toolbar, as well as the New
Export PDF File and Email PDF File
tools found under the main Interwrite menu.
- Navigating through your Interwrite Slides – the Previous/Next Page; Page Sorter; Page Selector and Scrolling Toolbar functions
- Time to save your Interwrite Files!
- I’m Ready to Exit Interwrite
How to Customize Your Toolbar
When Interwrite is initially installed, the Factory Advanced Scheme is the default scheme used for icon placement on the Toolbar and Toolbox.
To change this scheme, click on the Interwrite Software icon at the top of the toolbar, select "Preferences...", then select "Customize Toolbar".
To Customize the Toolbar and Toolbox:
- Select a tool in the Available Tools list box. Click on the Add button to add the selected tool to the Toolbar, or click on the Add to Toolbox button to add the selected tool to the Toolbox.
- Select a tool in the Current Tools list box and click on the Remove button to remove it from the Toolbar or Toolbox.
- Select a tool in the Current Tools list box and click on the Move Up or the Move Down button to change its position in the Toolbar or Toolbox.
- Click on the Remove All button to remove all the icons from the Current Tools list box.
- Click on the Factory Defaults button to restore the icon arrangement of the Factory Advanced Scheme to the Current Tools list box.
- View Tutorial on How to Customize your Toolbar
How to Check for New Interwrite Software Updates
WebUpdate is an Interwrite application that checks for Interwrite Software Updates, TDK Bluetooth Updates, and additional picture collections for the Image Gallery posted on the Interwrite Learning Web site. If the application determines that a newer version of the software exists, or new gallery collections are available for download, you are offered the option of updating your software and/or selectively downloading the new collections.
- Select the purple Interwrite Software icon from your desktop toolbar and left click.
- Choose “Check for Updates”.
- “Web Update” will automatically launch and download all new Interwrite software files to your computer. V
- View Tutorial on how to check for Interwrite Software Updates
How to Use the Interwrite Office Mode
Office Mode is another Operational Mode of InterWrite Software, joining Interactive Mode and Whiteboard Mode. Office Mode allows you to interact directly with Microsoft Office applications; PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Instead of annotating over a screen capture of a PowerPoint slide, a page in a Word document, or an Excel spreadsheet, you can now add your annotations directly to the PowerPoint slide, the Word document, or the Excel spreadsheet. They become part of the native application file, rather than being saved as a page in an Interwrite file.
Office Mode is selected from the Device Manager Menu. The following Floating Toolbar is displayed. It contains some familiar tools that you'll recognize from the Interwrite Toolbar, and some tools that are specific to Office Mode.
You can position the Office Mode Toolbar anywhere on the screen by clicking on the Title bar and dragging it. You can also size the Toolbar by grabbing either side and moving it in or out.
Exploring more Interwrite tools in the Interwrite Toolbox
- Click on the Toolbox icon to display the Toolbox menu, where many more exciting features can be found. You can customize your toolbar to display the tools you use most frequently and save your other tools in your toolbox.